The only way to beat the heat during Georgia summers is to have a reliable air conditioning system installed in your home. At Patterson Heating & Air Inc, we specialize in the installation of high-quality Carrier systems. If you think your air conditioner might be on its last leg, we’re the company to turn to for AC replacement in Athens, GA.
Our licensed team has been installing dependable AC systems since 1985. While our goal is to help you get the most useful life out of your current unit, we’re always prepared to install a replacement when you’re ready. We’ll start by providing you with a free, no hidden cost estimate on repairing your system verses replacing it.
If you need help paying for your new AC, we can also discuss our hassle-free HVAC financing options that have affordable monthly payments. From there, we’ll handle everything to set you up with a new high-efficiency AC that effectively cools your home for many years to come.
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your AC
Air conditioners typically do not just break down all of the sudden with no prior warning. Generally, a failing AC unit will start to exhibit symptoms of needing to be replaced many months before completely breaking down.
Some systems can continue to perform inefficiently and ineffectively for a few years. However, this will cause increased utility bills, decreased comfort, and even poor indoor air quality.
If you are experiencing some or all of the following, your AC may need replacing:
- Higher Energy Bills: If you have noticed that your cooling bills have been on the rise over the past year, your AC is likely reaching the end of its life. As the components in your system begin to fail, your unit will need to work harder and longer, thus increasing your energy consumption.
- Uneven temperatures in your home – Are some of your rooms cooler or hotter than others? Your air conditioning system may be losing cooling capacity, which indicates the need for a new system.
- Frequent and costly repairs – As an air conditioner reaches the end of its life, it will require repairs more regularly and usually with a bigger price tag. At some point, it will be more cost-effective to purchase a new system rather than maintaining your current unit. If you require a one-time AC repair that’s more than 50% of the cost of a new system, you know it’s time for a replacement.
- Humidity problems and excess dust – As your AC works to cool your home, it is also removing excess humidity and filtering the air. When an air conditioner starts to fail, you’ll likely notice humidity problems, such as mildew and musty smells, and excess dust in your house.
- Age of Equipment: Air conditioning systems typically last for 10-15 years, depending on its quality and the homeowner’s usage habits. If your AC unit is more than a decade old, you may need to replace it to lower your energy usage and avoid emergency repairs.
Benefits of Replacing Your AC Unit
After the 10 or 15-year mark, it is most likely time to search for a new cooling system for your home. From lower utility bills and improved indoor air quality, there are so many benefits to getting your AC replaced!
Reasons to replace your AC unit:
- Reduced energy consumption and lower utility bills
- Improvement in indoor air quality (air purification, humidity control, and ventilation technologies)
- Increased durability in newer models
- More options in customization (smart thermostat, zoning systems, etc.)
- Increased comfort (temperature and noise levels)
Your #1 Choice for AC Replacement in Athens
At Patterson Heating & Air Inc., we strive to provide the best products and workmanship for each of our customers. When you require a replacement or new AC installation in Athens or anywhere in Northeast Georgia, there’s no better company to turn to. Our services are second to none and we guarantee your satisfaction!
Schedule prompt & dependable AC installation or replacement in Athens or the surrounding areas by calling (770) 343-5256 or contacting us online today!
“I was impressed with their follow-up and willingness to help me understand my needs.”- Don E.
“I love using Patterson because they are sincerely the most honest company I have come across.”- Tom T.
“Jason, Emily, and the team are wonderful, trustworthy, and hard-working people.”- Kara B.
“Another company never called me back. Patterson answered the phone, promised to come out between 12 and 5 the next day.”- Charlene S.
“No sales gimic, No upselling, just great, HONEST service.”- Heather G.
High Quality Products
Honest, Upfront Pricing
Family Owned & Operated
Fast, Efficient Service